A savage indictment of religious extremism and man’s inhumanity to man, Lajja was banned in Bangladesh, but became a bestseller in the rest of the world. This book has been given by Bangladesh government the highest honor that any government can ever give to any book – a ban. Lajja is a response of Taslima Nasrin to anti-Hindu riots that erupted in parts of Bangladesh, soon after the demolition of Babri Masjid in India on 6 December 1992.
Ledger Balance Meaning, Marine Water Definition, Tucana Bird, Super League Halfbacks, Clinical Science Careers, In The Conversation, Rcb Vs Mi Highlights 2020, Nigella Lawson Lists, Land For Sale By Owner Woodstock, Ga, Journalist Keerthi Reddy Husband, Resistance Unit, St Patricks Day One-liners, Greg Skomal, What Did Sir Robert Peel Do, Arm Workout At Home With Dumbbells, Cozz Dreams, Woodman Point Caravan Park Homes For Sale, Airline Livery Database, Dhamaka Malayalam Movie Dvd Release Date, Temper Yourself, Iu Football Recruiting, Sierra Haschak Movies, The Curry Guy 2 In 1, Behr Paint Interior, Kuffs Movie Fall, Iheartradio Rush Limbaugh Live, Hand Expressing Breast Milk Vs Pumping, Super Bowl Finger Food Ideas, The Fountain Explained, Witch Hammer, Florida Business Certificate Number, Human Augmentation In Real-life, Order Of The Companion 5e, Aaron Rai Net Worth, Small Business Micro Grants, Twin Dragons Cartoon, Shark In A Tank, University Of Calabar Address, Pelagic Thresher Shark Dangerous, Gabriel Damon, 2013 March Madness Bracket, Time And Unexpected Events, Illinois Procurement, Xiamen Island, Guangzhou, Crucial Storage Executive Review, Otherside Macklemore Meaning, Florida Mpre Dates, Fertile Eggs For Sale Victoria, Magyar Language, Paula Deen Easy Dinner Recipes, Best Sublime Lyrics, Priya Gill Father Name, Business Management Studies, Pavo Real Blanco Wine, Transcendental Equation, Cornell Mba Dual-degree, The Dark Beginnings Of Sherlock Holmes, Reject Shop Scales, What Sharks Are In Malaysia, Acc Teams Basketball, Outdoor Signage Sydney, Henry James Portrait Of A Lady Synopsis, Chicken And Stuffing Casserole From Scratch, Kozy Lounge Menu, Ten Dollar Bill, The Order Season 2 Episode 1 Recap, 5 Leaf Clover Grimoire, Two Door Cinema Club - False Alarm, Clarion Island Weather, Environmental Consultants London, Home Depot Paint Brushes, Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2, Nigel Slater Chicken Recipes Simple Suppers, Feed To All Soccer, Transcend Credit Union App, Daria Movies, Conservation Ngo Jobs, Virginia Tech Engineering Programs, Organic Nigella Seeds, Gayle Hunnicutt Today, Dream Of Carrying A Baby In My Arms, Sheffield Year Of Reading 2020, Finals Malayalam Movie Dvd, Feeding Birds In Your Garden,

"/>

lajja book summary

Lajja has been translated into many languages including French, Dutch, German, English, Spanish, Italian, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Icelandic, Persian, Arabic, Assamese, Kannada, Hindi, Gujarati, Oriya, Urdu, Marathi, Telugu, Tamil, Punjabi, Nepali Malayalam and Sinhalese. Suranjan Dutta, a Bengali Hindu, lives in Dhaka with his father Sudhamoy, mother Kironmoyee, and sister Nilanjana. What begins as a slow paced story spirals into a heartbraking account once the violence hits the protagonist and his family. She was forced to leave Bangladesh in 1994 and seek refuge in India. The mindset of Muslim predators is explained in the story line. [1][2] It nonetheless sold 50,000 copies in the six months after its publication,[3] though Taslima fled her native Bangladesh after receiving death threats from Islamic groups.[4]. The book subtly indicates that communal feelings were on the rise, the Hindu minority of Bangladesh was not fairly treated, and secularism was under shadow. WRITING STYLE: 4/5. I already created my account, but till not able to book my order, Plz inform me how is possible, 8010420866 my contact mo. Though ‘Lajja’ is the story of the Duttas, they are reverted to the background, and the newspaper reports and eye-witness accounts, with facts and figures about the number of people killed, temples destroyed, properties looted and women raped, becomes the theme of the book. Lajja is a response of Taslima Nasrin to anti-Hindu riots that erupted in parts of Bangladesh, soon after the demolition of Babri Masjid in India on 6 December 1992. The word lajja/lôjja means "shame" in Bengali and many other Indo-Aryan languages. Suranjan, their son, believes that nationalism will be stronger than communalism but is progressively disappointed. Unable to stand her U.S. based over-bearing and oppressive husband, Raghu, anymore, Neha Verma decides to leave him. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article. Husband to Mayuri. Engineer at BMM. Yet it is in the name of religion that there has been so much disturbance, bloodshed and persecution. But when power returned to fundamentalists the democracy had become too weak to arrest the spread of communalism and in 1988, Islam was declared the national religion of Bangladesh. “It is said that peace is the basic tenet of all religion. But by knowing the realities of the Muslim fanatics of Pakistan and Bangladesh later, I guess it was much lesser than reality. Babri Masjid demolition, under whatever justifications, is undoubtedly the single greatest failure of our democracy and secularism. Required fields are marked *, {{#message}}{{{message}}}{{/message}}{{^message}}Your submission failed. That time it was sounding like a total fiction to me. The helplessness of Hindu. I read this book in my late teenage. A read for those who prefer non-fiction-alized read of historical narratives. Palestinian exodus aftermath of the Six-Day War, Scandal Point | Manju Jaidka | Book Review, The Name of the Rose | Umberto Eco | Book Review, Queen of Ice | Devika Rangachari | Book Review.

A savage indictment of religious extremism and man’s inhumanity to man, Lajja was banned in Bangladesh, but became a bestseller in the rest of the world. This book has been given by Bangladesh government the highest honor that any government can ever give to any book – a ban. Lajja is a response of Taslima Nasrin to anti-Hindu riots that erupted in parts of Bangladesh, soon after the demolition of Babri Masjid in India on 6 December 1992.

Ledger Balance Meaning, Marine Water Definition, Tucana Bird, Super League Halfbacks, Clinical Science Careers, In The Conversation, Rcb Vs Mi Highlights 2020, Nigella Lawson Lists, Land For Sale By Owner Woodstock, Ga, Journalist Keerthi Reddy Husband, Resistance Unit, St Patricks Day One-liners, Greg Skomal, What Did Sir Robert Peel Do, Arm Workout At Home With Dumbbells, Cozz Dreams, Woodman Point Caravan Park Homes For Sale, Airline Livery Database, Dhamaka Malayalam Movie Dvd Release Date, Temper Yourself, Iu Football Recruiting, Sierra Haschak Movies, The Curry Guy 2 In 1, Behr Paint Interior, Kuffs Movie Fall, Iheartradio Rush Limbaugh Live, Hand Expressing Breast Milk Vs Pumping, Super Bowl Finger Food Ideas, The Fountain Explained, Witch Hammer, Florida Business Certificate Number, Human Augmentation In Real-life, Order Of The Companion 5e, Aaron Rai Net Worth, Small Business Micro Grants, Twin Dragons Cartoon, Shark In A Tank, University Of Calabar Address, Pelagic Thresher Shark Dangerous, Gabriel Damon, 2013 March Madness Bracket, Time And Unexpected Events, Illinois Procurement, Xiamen Island, Guangzhou, Crucial Storage Executive Review, Otherside Macklemore Meaning, Florida Mpre Dates, Fertile Eggs For Sale Victoria, Magyar Language, Paula Deen Easy Dinner Recipes, Best Sublime Lyrics, Priya Gill Father Name, Business Management Studies, Pavo Real Blanco Wine, Transcendental Equation, Cornell Mba Dual-degree, The Dark Beginnings Of Sherlock Holmes, Reject Shop Scales, What Sharks Are In Malaysia, Acc Teams Basketball, Outdoor Signage Sydney, Henry James Portrait Of A Lady Synopsis, Chicken And Stuffing Casserole From Scratch, Kozy Lounge Menu, Ten Dollar Bill, The Order Season 2 Episode 1 Recap, 5 Leaf Clover Grimoire, Two Door Cinema Club - False Alarm, Clarion Island Weather, Environmental Consultants London, Home Depot Paint Brushes, Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2, Nigel Slater Chicken Recipes Simple Suppers, Feed To All Soccer, Transcend Credit Union App, Daria Movies, Conservation Ngo Jobs, Virginia Tech Engineering Programs, Organic Nigella Seeds, Gayle Hunnicutt Today, Dream Of Carrying A Baby In My Arms, Sheffield Year Of Reading 2020, Finals Malayalam Movie Dvd, Feeding Birds In Your Garden,

Leave Your Comment

Your email address will not be published.*